Former CIA Officer Says US Plans Iran Strike Early This Week

A former CIA officer claims the US plans to strike Iran early this week. This is a serious claim amid high tensions.

A former CIA officer has claimed that a decision has been made for the United States to launch a military strike against Iran. John Kiriakou, who previously worked for the CIA, stated that a contact at the White House informed him of this decision. The reported planned strikes are set for early this week. This claim comes amidst existing tensions and worries about a possible military clash between the two nations.

Background of Tensions and Claims

Recent events and statements have heightened concerns regarding potential conflict. Kiriakou's assertion is based on information from a former CIA colleague who reportedly spoke with individuals at the White House on February 22nd.

  • The colleague relayed that a decision had been made to "attack Iran on Monday or Tuesday."

  • Kiriakou suggested that public offers of dialogue, such as a recent 10-day window for Iran to accept a proposal, might serve as a tactical diversion.

  • The timing of other government disclosures, like anticipated UFO-related documents, was also mentioned as a possible distraction tactic.

  • There is an expressed worry among government officials regarding the safety of approximately 30,000 to 40,000 US troops stationed in the region, who could become targets if a full-scale war erupts.

  • Changes in leadership at the Pentagon were noted as potentially influencing the military's current stance.

Kiriakou has previously written about the complex relationship between the United States and Iran. His book, "The CIA Insider's Guide to the Iran Crisis," co-authored with Gareth Porter, explores the history of US-Iran relations, including past CIA actions and the ongoing strategic difficulties that have brought the two countries to the brink of conflict.

Read More: Multiple Arson Fires Destroy Cars at Dealerships and Police Stations in 2025-2026

Evidence and Attributions

The primary evidence for the claim of an imminent US strike comes from John Kiriakou, a former CIA officer.

  • Source of Information: Kiriakou stated he received information from "a friend, former CIA officer, who was at the White House this morning talking to his friends."

  • Reported Timing: The contact reportedly said, "a decision has been made to attack Iran on Monday or Tuesday."

  • Context of Claim: Kiriakou presented this information on February 22nd, suggesting the planned strikes for the following Monday or Tuesday.

Is this information directly verifiable beyond Kiriakou's statement?

Disputed Narratives and Historical Context

The current situation is viewed differently by various parties, and the historical relationship between the US and Iran is complex.

Potential US Military Action

  • Claim: Kiriakou asserts a definitive decision has been made for a US strike on Iran, citing a source with White House access.

  • Official Stance (Implied): Public statements about dialogue windows might be seen by some as diplomatic efforts, while Kiriakou suggests they could be tactical distractions.

  • Concerns: US officials are reportedly concerned about the security of troops in the region in the event of hostilities.

Historical US-Iran Relations

  • Kiriakou's Analysis: In his book, Kiriakou and Porter argue that politically motivated narratives have misdirected US policy toward Iran for decades, contributing to a constant state of tension or threats of war.

  • Precedent: The history since the establishment of the Islamic Republic of Iran has involved periods of direct or indirect conflict and sustained threats.

Expert Insights

John Kiriakou himself serves as a primary source of insight due to his former role and his public statements on the matter. His background as a CIA officer provides a particular lens through which he interprets the situation.

  • Kiriakou's claims are based on his direct sourcing from within discussions he implies involve high-level officials.

  • His previous work, "The CIA Insider's Guide to the Iran Crisis," indicates a long-standing critical view of US policy towards Iran, suggesting a pattern of misrepresentation and escalation.

Conclusion and Implications

The claim by former CIA officer John Kiriakou that a decision has been made for the US to attack Iran, potentially on February 25th or 26th, presents a significant point of concern. This assertion, derived from a contact with purported access to White House discussions, points to a potential immediate military escalation. The stated timing and the context of reported leadership changes at the Pentagon and potential distraction tactics warrant careful observation.

Read More: Biden's March 7 State of the Union Speech Sets Election Fight Lines

The situation is underscored by historical animosity and a complex geopolitical landscape. Kiriakou's prior work highlights a perspective that US policy toward Iran has been driven by misrepresentations, leading to persistent confrontation.

Further investigation would be required to independently verify the directness and accuracy of Kiriakou's reported information. Official responses from the White House and the Pentagon would be crucial in corroborating or refuting these claims. The safety of US troops in the region remains a significant consideration within the context of these alleged plans.

Sources:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What did former CIA officer John Kiriakou claim about the US and Iran?
John Kiriakou claimed on February 22nd that a decision has been made for the United States to launch a military strike against Iran. He said a contact at the White House told him this, with strikes possibly happening on Monday or Tuesday of this week.
Q: When was this claim about a US strike on Iran made?
The claim was made by John Kiriakou on February 22nd. He said his information came from a former CIA colleague who spoke with people at the White House on that day.
Q: What is the reported timing for the supposed US strike on Iran?
According to Kiriakou's source, the decision was made to 'attack Iran on Monday or Tuesday.' This suggests the strike could happen around February 25th or 26th.
Q: Why might public offers of dialogue be a distraction, according to Kiriakou?
Kiriakou suggested that public offers of dialogue, like a recent 10-day window for Iran to accept a proposal, might be used as a tactical distraction. He also mentioned other government disclosures, like UFO documents, could be used to divert attention.
Q: What are the concerns for US troops in the region?
There is worry among US officials about the safety of about 30,000 to 40,000 US troops stationed in the region. They could become targets if a full-scale war with Iran breaks out.
Q: What is John Kiriakou's background regarding US-Iran relations?
John Kiriakou is a former CIA officer. He co-authored a book called 'The CIA Insider's Guide to the Iran Crisis,' which explores the history of US-Iran relations and argues that US policy has been driven by misrepresentations leading to conflict.